Why I love it?
1. One device needed for the teacher. No student devices needed.
2. This is great when you cannot get the cart in your room.
3. Great for formative assessment (exit tickets, in class checkpoints, etc)
What other teachers have to say?
"Great app for classroom teachers where kids don't have devices of their own. Fantastic formative assessment tool that allows teachers to immediately determine student understanding in the moment."
"As a teacher who has large class says, this helps assess student knowledge quickly and efficiently."
How Do I Use Plickers?
Advantages for us:
1. You can track student behavior all day - positive and negative.
2. At the end of the day, you can conference with students about behavior progress.
3. You can set up a rewards system for points earned in a day or week.
Disadvantages for us:
1. To gain the ultimate results, this is really best used in a 1:1 setting. When students have their own device the point system is quite effective. They immediately see when they gain or lose points on their individual device.
2. Younger students will need more discussion to understand how this works.
3. With a single device you would have to project all students on the board. Heads up! This could cause some concern for administrators and parents. Discuss with your administrator and gain parent permission before doing so if your administrator suggests doing so.
(You must be logged into your google account to view.)
My Big Campus: I will be providing Introductory training and in depth training over the next few months.
- Mrs. Pitts is using StraightAce.com during reading tier.
- Mrs. Franz is using the Homeroom App and Chatterpix.
- Mrs. Short is helping students graph using Notability
- Ms. Stone is using Quizlet on a weekly basis for reading vocab words. Readworks.org is another tool she uses during reading center. Her students also use Show.me to work on long division.
- Mrs. Mumaw's class created presentations with Chatterkid.
- Mrs. Sollars is going to use Kahoot in her classroom.
- Mrs. Williams is going to use Showme.com in her class.
- Mrs. Claycomb is using iPads for students to scan QR codes created with QRCodeMonkey to
get to the Commando Kiddz videos on Teacher Tube.
If I have left you off, please know it was not intentional.
I had emailed everyone to gather information for this week.